Strong

Strong

Thursday, March 13, 2014

march 15th

Quote- "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. The courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference" REINHOLD NIEBUHR "SERENITY PRAYER"

Demi's words- Today is the anniversary of my sobriety, so I wanted to share the serenity prayer on a daily basis, but what is truly amazing is that you don't have to be in recovery to speak these words. I have spoken this prayer everyday in my recovery and it has helped me simplify the sea of emotions that often run through me, especially on a hard day. We do the best we can in life, we take things one day at a time, and sometimes we need a simple reminder of that.

Goal- Say this prayer aloud to yourself or with a friend today and observe how it makes you feel. Repeat it daily for a week and allow it to change your perspective on things.


I love this prayer, I find it hard to accept the things I cannot change. I need to accept my past but I find it hard when I'm still struggling with things from my past and it's hard to accept that fact when I'm holding onto my past through my addictions. I'm so proud of demi and I think the best part of Demi's concert on March  16th is the day before is Demi's 3rd year of sobriety. It's even more special for that reason. I love Demi she's so strong I can't fathom that she's so strong and brave. It makes me even more excited to share her 3rd year of sobriety with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment